Fun facts about Papua New Guinea!
- Did you know Papua New Guinea is only slightly larger than California?
- There are over 7 million people living in PNG.
- One of Papua New Guinea’s leading exports is gold. (Source)
- Papua New Guinea used to be owned by Australia.
- There are 848 individual languages spoken on Papua New Guinea. (Source)
One of the most heart-breaking facts about Papua New Guinea is that many people don’t know about Jesus. Our work with New Tribes Mission will help bring the Gospel to the more remote parts of the country. God has built many churches throughout Papua New Guinea and we get to serve with the missionaries and pastors leading them. Life is too short and the Gospel is too important for us to not serve in Papua New Guinea.