Jon and Adie are thankful for the excellent care that he is receiving at the Cairns Hospital. The planned surgery for Sunday has been delayed until Monday, so that he can eat and rest before going under anesthesia again. In that surgery, they will clean the muscles of the stump and remove any more dead tissue.
Adie is staying at a friend’s house close to the hospital. Another friend from Papua New Guinea, Michelle Thompson, is with her, to help her and Jon in any way that she can. Jaeden, Levi, and Jace are being cared for in Ukarumpa, PNG, by friends. Adie has talked with them a few times. They seem happy and are not upset. While they have asked some questions about their daddy’s leg, they do not yet understand the extent of the situation.
Jon and Adie and the families are grateful for all the love and words of support that have been expressed. Adie writes, “God is good. He is our comfort and our strength.”
Here is how you can pray for them:
- Pray for the wisdom and skill of the surgeons as Jon goes through surgery on Monday.
- Pray that the stump will not become infected and will heal quickly.
- Pray that the boys will continue to do well during this absence of their parents.
- Pray for all the needed paperwork to bring the children from PNG and for Jon’s mom Cam to come from the States.
- Pray that Jon and Adie will continue to lean on the Lord and trust Him fully for their strength and comfort.
If you would like to send cards and notes of encouragement, this is the best address to sent them: